Apple picking season begins in August. It’s a sign that fall is almost here. Apple cider is a great recipe if you got some fresh picked apples. It is super simple and easy to make. This recipe is delicious and will make your house smell like fall.
Homemade Spiced Apple Cider
- 7 Apples (assorted apples: gala, red delicious and granny smith)
- 1 orange
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 teaspoons of whole cloves
- 1 pinch of ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch of ground nutmeg
- *Optional: Sugar, maple syrup or brown sugar
- Slice apples and oranges into wedges.
- Add apples, oranges, cinnamon sticks, whole cloves, ground cinnamon and ground nutmeg into slow cooker.
- Add enough water to cover all ingredients.
- Cook on low for 6 hours OR cook on high for 4 hours.
- Mash fruit with a spoon or potato masher to release all juice from fruits. Add sugar to taste if you would like.
- Strain mixture using a sieve or cheesecloth. Discard solids.
- Store cider in refrigerator for up to 7 days. You can also freeze for 3 months.
Recipe Tip: Warm-up cider and serve with a splash of spiced rum!
The best thing about this recipe is that you can control what ingredients are in the cider. You can add as much or as little sugar as you would like. There are no preservatives, so you know exactly what you’re drinking.
I hope you enjoy this delicious warm cider this season!🍂